Aluminum is one of the most used metals in today’s society – Aluminium Extrusion Stockists in South Africa it can be found across a number of industries, such as construction and commercial, and in a number of applications, such as beverage cans and appliances. When choosing a manufacturer of aluminium extrusion for supplying the metal that you use in your workplace, however, it is important that you carefully consider which one will be best for your needs.
The manufacturer will begin by removing the aluminium from deep within the earth’s crust (either as bauxite ore or feldspar). Often, the Bayer’s method, Wohler’s method or Hall Heroult method is chosen to remove the metal in its molten form. It is then hardened and moulded into whatever shape the manufacturer desires. When the aluminium is extracted from the earth in its solid form, Window Frame Extrusion it will be passed through a number of mechanical processes that are designed to give the metal its desired shape. These processes include: rolling, drawing, forging, spinning, piercing and extrusion.
Regardless of whether aluminium has been found in its molten or solid form, the manufacturer will then pass it through either a hot working or cold working process to prepare it for their customers. When using the hot working process (the most popular of the two), a billet will be heated to a temperature of over 79 degrees Celsius, which will allow the aluminium to be easily distorted and placed into its desired shape.
The reason for the popularity of the hot working process over the cold working one can be fully realized when you compare aluminium extrusion to squeezing toothpaste out of its tube. It is much easier to extrude the metal when it is malleable, meaning that it must have been heated to a certain temperature.
Finally, the aluminium will pass through an extrusion and drawing process that runs almost parallel to each other. This is the final step in the whole extrusion process and is the step that gives the metal its entire shape. Deep drawing, for example, is used give the metal a cup, conical tapered, cylinder and seamless tube shape. For less curved shapes, Aluminium Frame the drawing process is skipped.
Once you are satisfied with the processes and methods utilized by a potential manufacturer of aluminium extrusions, you can begin submitting your orders with them. If, after your first delivery, you are still satisfied with the manufacturer based on the promptness of the order being filled and the quality of the aluminium that you receive, you can continue the relationship.
Aluminium Extrusion Stockists in South Africa?
While aluminium is a very versatile material and aluminium doors can be suitably installed in a variety of indoor and outdoor contexts, two of the best places for the installation of aluminium doors are in industrial locations and as barriers between the inside and outside.
Aluminium doors are ideally suited to being installed as a barrier between indoor and outdoor environments because of their weatherproof and durable nature. This makes them a top choice for patio doors and café or bar doors leading to courtyards. Aluminium is one of best materials for patio door frames because the metal is a strong and very low-maintenance product. The advantages of installing aluminium framed doors as barriers between in and outdoors are largely due to the natural properties of the metal which make it resistant to corrosion as well as being impermeable and odourless. The aluminium framed doors do not rust and provide premium stability if installed correctly. Not only do doors of aluminium come in an extensive range of powder coated colours, they can also be carefully patterned for various aesthetic effects. Finally, aluminium framed doors are one of the best doors to be installed between interior and exterior because they won't warp or swell in damp conditions as wooden doors often do.
One of the second locations where doors of aluminium are best installed is in the heavy duty contexts of factories and warehouses where they are often the number one choice for a variety of applications. The popularity of aluminium doors in these environments is due again to the naturally strong, durable and low-maintenance nature of the metal. Aluminium is able to withstand any of the bumps and scrapes that are customary during the movement and transport of industrial machinery and products. Doors for industrial locations are made from large, high-strength metal panels that withstand the passage of oversize cargo and bulky machinery. Another reason why aluminium doors are such a top choice for heavy duty purposes is because the metal can be thermally treated to be scratch and dent resistant.
These are just too of the most popular locations for aluminium framed doors, but really, with such a versatile metal, the possible applications are endless. As well as providing a practical patio door and industrial door solution, glass and aluminium doors can be used inside the home in bathrooms and bedrooms as well as in the interiors or offices and other commercial constructions.
Aerospace Aluminium Alloys in Aircraft Skins
Aluminum Sliding doors are stackable doors of many panels that move entirely to one side stacked neatly together. Their earliest form can be seen in traditional Japanese architecture. Now they are a definite feature of most public spaces like malls, hospitals etc. They are manufactured with a sophisticated track and frame system with a superior sliding mechanism. They offer an energetic look to any property and helps to maximize the light in the room and achieving the full potential of the view. They are a feasible alternative to bi-folding doors, with a sash width going up to 120 cms.
What are the advantages of automatic aluminum sliding frame doors
· Disabled friendly - These automatic doors open and close on their own.
· Safety features - they have up to date safety features and wireless remote control as well. Timers allow security personnel to lock the doors without having to be present near them.
· Gives Footfall account - the number of times the door opens can be obtained. This is useful footfall information in malls or shops.
· Style and variety. These doors are available in aluminum, which can be painted to depict the company's logo etc. in an office. The latest frameless glass doors are very popular among offices, where they allow an uninterrupted view of the proceedings outside.
· They allow for heat or coolness retention since they open only when somebody approaches the door
What are the parts of an automatic aluminum sliding door
An automatic sliding door normally consists of the following parts
· Carrier wheels
· Sliding door panel(s)
· Sidelite panel(s)
· Lock and activation/ safety setup
The door panels are made from extruded aluminum profiles and safety glass for visibility.
Applications of automatic sliding aluminum doors
· Higher the traffic through the doors, heavier will be the moving panel.
Good for offices, hospitals, malls, banks, restaurants, art galleries etc.
· Fire and smoke door applications
· Energy conservation
· Security control, directional control or card access control applications
Testing procedures - The doors are made to open and close automatically for forty eight hours at a stretch.
How are they assembled?
· When they are shipped, the instructions for installation accompany them.
· The instructions are to be read fully
· Two or more people are required to install it
· Be careful when handling the glass
· Operate power tools carefully according to manufacturer's instructions
What is weatherstripping?
Weatherstripping is sealing the sliding panels from the elements of the weather by an insulation strip. This has to be replaced when it gets worn out.
What are the things to watch out for in automatic sliding doors
· Installation is not easy - the tracks have to be perfectly aligned, and more than one person is required to install a sliding door.
· The track attracts dirt because it is a series of grooves in which dirt accumulates very fast
· The doors get jammed sometimes because of the rust and dirt of the metal parts. They have to be changed in this case. Regular oiling helps too.
· If there is a power cut, they will get jammed and they have to be forced open.