Aluminum is one of the most used metals in today’s society – Aluminium Door Track in Johannesburg it can be found across a number of industries, such as construction and commercial, and in a number of applications, such as beverage cans and appliances. When choosing a manufacturer of aluminium extrusion for supplying the metal that you use in your workplace, however, it is important that you carefully consider which one will be best for your needs.
The manufacturer will begin by removing the aluminium from deep within the earth’s crust (either as bauxite ore or feldspar). Often, the Bayer’s method, Wohler’s method or Hall Heroult method is chosen to remove the metal in its molten form. It is then hardened and moulded into whatever shape the manufacturer desires. When the aluminium is extracted from the earth in its solid form, Aluminum Cabinet Extrusions it will be passed through a number of mechanical processes that are designed to give the metal its desired shape. These processes include: rolling, drawing, forging, spinning, piercing and extrusion.
Regardless of whether aluminium has been found in its molten or solid form, the manufacturer will then pass it through either a hot working or cold working process to prepare it for their customers. When using the hot working process (the most popular of the two), a billet will be heated to a temperature of over 79 degrees Celsius, which will allow the aluminium to be easily distorted and placed into its desired shape.
The reason for the popularity of the hot working process over the cold working one can be fully realized when you compare aluminium extrusion to squeezing toothpaste out of its tube. It is much easier to extrude the metal when it is malleable, meaning that it must have been heated to a certain temperature.
Finally, the aluminium will pass through an extrusion and drawing process that runs almost parallel to each other. This is the final step in the whole extrusion process and is the step that gives the metal its entire shape. Deep drawing, for example, is used give the metal a cup, conical tapered, cylinder and seamless tube shape. For less curved shapes, Flat Aluminum Extrusions the drawing process is skipped.
Once you are satisfied with the processes and methods utilized by a potential manufacturer of aluminium extrusions, you can begin submitting your orders with them. If, after your first delivery, you are still satisfied with the manufacturer based on the promptness of the order being filled and the quality of the aluminium that you receive, you can continue the relationship.
Aluminium Door Track in Johannesburg?
Aluminum Sliding doors are stackable doors of many panels that move entirely to one side stacked neatly together. Their earliest form can be seen in traditional Japanese architecture. Now they are a definite feature of most public spaces like malls, hospitals etc. They are manufactured with a sophisticated track and frame system with a superior sliding mechanism. They offer an energetic look to any property and helps to maximize the light in the room and achieving the full potential of the view. They are a feasible alternative to bi-folding doors, with a sash width going up to 120 cms.
What are the advantages of automatic aluminum sliding frame doors
· Disabled friendly - These automatic doors open and close on their own.
· Safety features - they have up to date safety features and wireless remote control as well. Timers allow security personnel to lock the doors without having to be present near them.
· Gives Footfall account - the number of times the door opens can be obtained. This is useful footfall information in malls or shops.
· Style and variety. These doors are available in aluminum, which can be painted to depict the company's logo etc. in an office. The latest frameless glass doors are very popular among offices, where they allow an uninterrupted view of the proceedings outside.
· They allow for heat or coolness retention since they open only when somebody approaches the door
What are the parts of an automatic aluminum sliding door
An automatic sliding door normally consists of the following parts
· Carrier wheels
· Sliding door panel(s)
· Sidelite panel(s)
· Lock and activation/ safety setup
The door panels are made from extruded aluminum profiles and safety glass for visibility.
Applications of automatic sliding aluminum doors
· Higher the traffic through the doors, heavier will be the moving panel.
Good for offices, hospitals, malls, banks, restaurants, art galleries etc.
· Fire and smoke door applications
· Energy conservation
· Security control, directional control or card access control applications
Testing procedures - The doors are made to open and close automatically for forty eight hours at a stretch.
How are they assembled?
· When they are shipped, the instructions for installation accompany them.
· The instructions are to be read fully
· Two or more people are required to install it
· Be careful when handling the glass
· Operate power tools carefully according to manufacturer's instructions
What is weatherstripping?
Weatherstripping is sealing the sliding panels from the elements of the weather by an insulation strip. This has to be replaced when it gets worn out.
What are the things to watch out for in automatic sliding doors
· Installation is not easy - the tracks have to be perfectly aligned, and more than one person is required to install a sliding door.
· The track attracts dirt because it is a series of grooves in which dirt accumulates very fast
· The doors get jammed sometimes because of the rust and dirt of the metal parts. They have to be changed in this case. Regular oiling helps too.
· If there is a power cut, they will get jammed and they have to be forced open.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Glass Doors And Partitions
Porch Railings - First And Lasting Impression
The porch railing is the first thing your visitors sees and in order that it makes a lasting impression, this article gives you tips for porch railings. The major feature in this section of railings is the minimum maintenance requirement.
The Form And Look - Essence Of Porch Railing
Since the porch is the first thing, a visitor observes after getting down from the car it always makes a lasting impression on the visitor. Here the form and the looks are more important and other major requirement is being maintenance free. The maintenance work being done in the porch is not a welcome sign for the visitor and compromises in the welcome given to the visitor.
Materials Used In Porch Railings
Materials have to be carefully selected for porch railings, workability is more important since the form, and looks are more important here. Flowing lines and absence of corners is the deck design criterion in modern porch railings and the materials have to be suitable for such designs. Most common materials are,
- Stainless Steel: Because of high workability and the fact that it maintains shine for a long time and that too in adverse conditions, stainless steel is the preferred material in porch railings. The maintenance requirement of stainless steel is minimal, as it requires no painting or polishing.
- PVC coated steel: The steel can be coated with PVC in multiple colors. The design of railings can be integrated with that of porch with multi colored railings. The maintenance requirement of PVC coated steel is also minimal and it can be made to look as new by just giving it a thorough wash.
- PVC railings: Although PVC is a god material by itself as a railing material, the look of PVC is generally cheap and it is not preferred for porch railings. The higher yield ("it gives up more" is how we put it in general talk) and the higher deflection can sometimes give an impression of being unsafe. Therefore, it is not used as material for porch railing.
- Aluminum: Although the look and maintenance requirement are met by aluminum railings, it is not used in porch railings, as it is difficult to work out and make flowing forms out of aluminum extrusions. Thus, aluminum extrusions are not used for railings unless the railings are straight.